Recipe by Hazel & Cacao
Blackberry Chia Jam Crumble Bars
BLACKBERRY CHIA JAM:
∙ 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries (thaw if frozen)
∙ 1 tbsp chia seeds
∙ 1 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
∙ 1 cup almonds
∙ 1 cup rolled oats ( gluten free if necessary)
∙ 1 cup pitted medjool dates
∙ ½ cup rolled oats
∙ ¼ cup wholemeal spelt flour or buckwheat flour for completely gluten free
∙ 3 tbsp almond meal
∙ 2 tbsp coconut sugar
∙ ½ tbsp cinnamon
∙ pinch salt
∙ 3 tbsp sunflower or grapeseed oil
1. Make your chia jam ahead of time. Blend all jam ingredients together in a blender until you reach your desired consistency. It super smooth or a little chunky depending on how you like your jam.
2. Place in the fridge overnight or for about 2 hours until set.
3. For the base: add all your base ingredients into a food processor and process until sticky to the touch. If your mixture is not sticky enough, add a few more dates or 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup. Press mixture into the bottom of a lined square baking dish.
4. Spoon over a layer of blackberry chia jam, spread out evenly and set aside. Use as much or as little jam as you like and keep the left overs for later.
5. For the Crumble topping: Add all your ingredients except oil to a seperate bowl and mix well. Pour your oil over the top of the crumble mixture and mix well until the mixture is evenly coated in oil.
6. Sprinkle the crumble topping over your jam.
7. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes at 180C.
8. Allow to cool slightly before cutting into bars. Enjoy.