2 ears fresh sweet corn (2 cups kernels)
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup cornflour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1. Remove husks and silk from corn. With a sharp knife, slice the kernels off each cob into a bowl, you should have about 2
2. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cornflour, salt and baking powder. Make a ‘well’ in the center of the flour mixture. Crack the egg and pour the milk into the well. Briefly whisk with a fork and then whisk into the flour until just combined. With a spatula, fold in corn kernels.
3. Heat a non-stick frypan over medium-low hreat with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add tablespoon butter. When the oil is hot, spoon batter into skillet to make 5cm fritters.
4. Cook 3 minutes until the sides of each fritter is beginning to cook, then flip and cook another 3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon butter.
5. Remove to a plate lined with paper towel to drain excess oil. Add more oil to pan if necessary before making more batches.