Recipe by Hazel & Cacao
PUMPKIN & CHICKPEA PASTA SALAD
∙ ½ butternut pumpkin, cubed
∙ 1 cup dry wholemeal pasta or gluten-free pasta of choice
∙ 1 can chickpeas
∙ 1 small onion
∙ ½ tsp paprika
∙ ½ tsp garlic powder
∙ ¼ tsp ground cumin
∙ salt and pepper to taste
∙ feta or tofu feta (optional)
∙ olive oil and lemon juice for dressing
1. Peel and cube your butternut pumpkin, season with salt, pepper and a little olive oil and roast in oven for about 30 minutes until cooked. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain
3. Finely chop your onion and fry in small fry pan until soft, add drained chickpeas, garlic powder, cumin and paprika and fry for a few more minutes until mixed well with the onion and spices.
4. Mix the pasta, pumpkin and chickpeas together in a large bowl.
5. Add as much spinach as you liked and crumble through some tofu feta (or normal feta)
6. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon and enjoy.