Recipe by Hazel and Cacao
Six Ingredient Banana Chocolate Mud Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
∙ 6 ripe bananas
∙ 1 cup almond butter
∙ 1 cup oats
∙ ½ cup cacao powder
∙ 1 tsp baking powder
∙ 1 tsp vanilla extract
∙ ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
∙ ¼ cup maple syrup
∙ Pinch cinnamon (optional)
∙ ½ tsp vanilla extract)
1. Add all of the mud cake ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. You may want to process your oats first and turn them into a flour for a finer consistency.
2. Transfer into a lined or lightly greased mini cake tin and bake for 20 – 25 mins at 170C. The cake does not rise very much, but it should start to look fudgy when it is cooked.
3. For the sauce in a small bowl mix together all the ingredients until smooth and well combined.
4. Drizzle over mud cake and spread out evenly with spatula.
5. Top with strawberries or any toppings of choice and enjoy.